A Few Marty-isms
On Enjoying Life
- Every day is a day of festivities, pageantry, reverie, and splendor.
- Life is delicious. Take a bite out of it.
- I don’t want to die, I’m in heaven
On Being Successful
- Achieving goals has a joy and a discreet purity to it that cannot be duplicated by anything else. It is something powerful, indeed beautiful.
- If you’re willing to work at it like a colony of ants, you will be successful.
- Most success is built on failure and you are never beaten till you think you are.
- Luck is the residue of good design.
- Cheese and Crackers!
On Aging and Play
- Continue to play with the psychological makeup of an elephant and the emotional stability of a rhino who skipped breakfast and misplaced lunch. Play with the subtlety of a jackhammer.
On Mental Toughness and Passion
- The mental is to the physical as 4 is to 1.
- Crave the battle rather than the outcome
- A volcanic eruption is going to occur—it’s easier to temper a fire than build one.
On the Tennis Court
- I’m so out of shape I couldn’t make a rocking chair go.
- Ambushed by bladder (a bathroom break)
- You could run a pork chop past a wolf.